Monday, July 27, 2009

Come dance with us


While on my journey to Amman Jordan our group traveled to Jerash.  Jerash is an amazing place and I wished we had more time to spend there.  While in the oval coliseum the group took yet another group photo to memoralize our day and after our photo was taken we started to hear commotion and music followed by clapping and singing.  I had no idea what the song was about nor what they where saying but the beat and rhythm pulled us into the excitment the singers where feeling.  It was amazing.  Looking around the people in my group where jumping, clapping, and "lili'ing", which I learned to do myself....pretty impressive.  Here I was standing in a biblical place and I had all these emotions going through my body,  thoughts going through my mind and I wanted to share them with everyone.  So I quickly turned my camera on and started to record, I learned half way through the trip that my camera did in fact record, go figure.  

No comments: