Friday, August 7, 2009

B-Man


Another day of amazement will soon be passing me by. The second birthday of my prodigy nephew. Of course that is my personal opinion, that he is a prodigy, but there are many signs that have demonstrated why I can, and do, think this. I am amazed by what children can achieve. But, I guess, when you are around a child, whether your own or not, their achievements are more noticeable. And my nephew is no exception. From day one, though he started his life out small (just a little 5 pounds) he was already stretching his little neck out trying to hold his head up all on his own. I would just sit in the hospital chair, recline back, lay him on my chest, and stare eye to eye with him. It was then that I told my sister, his mother, that we would be hearing that phrase that most little ones say but only earlier than anticipated. Phrases like, "I do it" or "no me". And in fact we did hear those phrases earlier....even without him saying a word. It was said all in those eyes with the looks he would give us or simply by pushing us away. He can say a lot with those big blue eyes. It was also then when he started to want to do things by himself that we started to let him learn consequences which can be hard to do...especially for my sister. Because that means he is growing up. and as his TT, which is what he calls me, I don't know if I am ready for him to grow up. He has the most amazing laughs and each with a different meaning. He is giving, unless candy
is involved, and he wants to share, especially if someone has a coke to drink. He is silly, happ y, smart, lovable, and all these are contagious. I can have the worst day possible but when he walks into the room it is as if that bad day just melts away. And is it just me, or do kids make adults act like fools.....and not care? It is as if we will do anything to make them simply smile, but if we make them laugh also, JACKPOT!
We are so proud of ourselves. I am an Auntie who is so in love with her nephew.

No comments: