Sunday, August 30, 2009

Building a Foundation


Foundation is defined as a physical basis, and the foundation of my is has officially been poured. So far there has been removal of trees, cleaning of the ground and leveling it and now the foundation is visible. Seeing this brings a lot of things to mind about what this foundation means for me personally.  So much has happened in this one week that has my head spinning. I have paid off my car, I have completed my summer semester of my bachelors program, I was told by my dentist that I might get my braces off early(in two weeks to be exact so check back on September 9th), and I'm just giddy with excitement and happiness. This is a lot to wrap my mind around. So this is what has got me to think about this new foundation in my life. I can think of it as a foundation that my house will stand on but I think of it as much more. It's a foundation that a new chapter of my life is starting. I have absolutely no idea where it is going or where it will lead. I constantly go and check my house site with my family....as always when something happens to one of us it happens to all of us. My nephew enjoys going now because there is a large pile of dirt he is just itching to climb. I'll have to take him one day when he isn't going anywhere after wards. As you can see he is also a good  house inspector. He walks the edges of where the cement is and picks things up he is not sure if it belongs or not....even the dirt rocks.  He looks at me with this serious look and says, "TT dis trash?"  I can already imagine him playing outside when the house is completed.
There's a lot of meaning behind this small word, foundation.  This is where the rest of my roots will be planted and be allowed to root and spread out and grow.
Next framing......

No comments: